As mentioned in my previous post, I am on a soup bing-ing journey. Hence, this is my next installment of it ! It’s the Three Carrots Pork Ribs Soup !
We often used the radish (white carrot) with pork ribs for soup and the orange carrots for ABC soup. So how about the green carrots ? Mum told me traditionally green carrots are only available during the CNY where they are used for the yu sheng. However, I managed to get them from PurelyFresh online and also saw them available from Sheng Shiong supermarket. Didn’t get to spot any from NTUC though and not so sure about the wet markets.
However, the 3 carrots combination definitely is an eye pleaser with all the colours in the soup and which makes it a very sweet and tasty one too.
Have been sick for these few days which makes me even crave for more of such soupy affairs to keep the body warm. Now that’s the down side of declaring independency and staying by yourself where you need to fight for everything yourself, including sickness. This makes me really miss home cooked soups even more.
We probably already know all the benefits of carrots, hence this 3 carrots combination is as nutritious and healthy and as delicious as it could be. Hope everyone will enjoy this colourful and appetising soup !
- ½ radish (white carrot), cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- ½ green carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 red dates
- 500g pork ribs
- 1 - 1.2L of water
- 300ml stock
- ½ tsp chicken powder / salt, to taste
- Blanch the pork ribs in some boiling water till they turn white in color.
- Combine the sliced onions, carrots, red dates and pork ribs with the water and stock in a large pot. Once the water boils, reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer for a further 1.5 to 2 hours till the pork ribs are soft and falling off the bones.
- Skim off the fats and oils floating on the surface of the soup. Add in the chicken powder or salt to taste. Mix well and off the flame. Serve hot.