I was really blessed to have received this huge festive pack of nuts and goodies from Tong Garden prior to the CNY.
And because the folks at Tong Garden were just so generous with their sharing and I’ve had more than enough to munch on, I decide I shall incorporate some of the stuffs into my cooking, instead of just eating them on their own. And so here comes this Cashew Nuts Fried Chicken which is tastefully crunchy and bustling with cashew goodness.
It has been pretty hectic right after CNY as the whole family was simply shuttling between hospital visits and such. And there has been a couple of major jack ups in my dad’s condition after the ops that had really tire everyone out. The path is still not that smooth yet as we are battling through another phrase of fighting the cancerous cells and all. And I had to piece myself together to stay balance whilst juggling between all the rest. And with a new job coming on board as well, I think I really have to firm up my determination and strength to stay afloat. Much as the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going, so it’s time for me to embrace myself as a survivor and learning how to be stay positive too !
Coming back to the food, I read somewhere that this Cashew Nuts Fried Chicken used to be some kind of street food but has since becoming as a rarely found gem because of the extra work involved and probably higher costs as well. But with just one pack of cashew nuts from good old school brand Tong Garden, you can serve this for up to 4 pcs of boneless chicken thighs all together and good enough for 3 to 4 persons at one go.
And I really enjoyed picking up the bits and pieces of crushed nuts that has fallen off the chicken whilst munching on and having them as some side snacks on a main course. I believe no one can resist anything fried chicken and all, me in particular. It’s like an all time favorite comfort dish for both kids and adults. Compiling with savory cashew nuts, it’s an extra bonus with additional delights.
So do grab some fresh boneless chicken legs from PurelyFresh online too to serve up this gem dish at home today !
- 2 pcs boneless chicken thighs
- 60g cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- some cooking oil, for deep frying
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- Made a few shallow slits on the chicken and marinate the chicken with the marinade ingredients and set it aside in the fridge overnight.
- Pulse the cashew nuts in a blender or food processor slightly till they resembles coarse crumbs.
- Coat the marinated chicken with the cashew nuts crumbs before coating with corn flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a pot till moderate bubbles sizzles around a chopstick when placed in it. Try to do the deep frying in small batches, preferably by per piece.
- Deep fried till golden brown, dish up and drain well on paper towels. Cut into slices.
- Serve hot immediately.