It’s back to some simple home affairs cooking now that I am back and settled. How I surely wish my holidays can last as long as it was and I didn’t have to come back still ! Holidays are never too long to begin with and always too short to end. And being back means I can kick start my kitchen firing once more but I have been gearing up with a lot of steamboats recently to lessen the “guilt” that was indulged in during my trip earlier and also attempting to make it a point to eat healthier if that’s in anyway possible.
I still had a whole chunk of pictures to be compiled from the trip which I would really love to share here. Especially the cooking cum baking class that I have gone for. I really love the cosy ambience of the house from the instructor, her warm hospitality and detailed teaching, feeding me with lotsa information about their local foodstuffs and such. Till now, I am still having fond memories of it and perhaps that’s one of the greatest achievement unlocked during the entire trip. I shall work on the pictures soon and pen them down quickly before the memories weakened, I promised !!
Donkey years ago, I used to have had a little cafe that was jointly run with a partner. And I remembered our specialty has always been the Grilled Chicken Chop because it’s a little recipe that we have concoct over the years on how we loved it to be done. And if you make the extra effort to grind some ginger juice as marination for the chicken, I am sure the end result is a definite win-over. To spruce it up a little, a fragrant spicy dressing was also prepared this time to add that additional twinge of sweet savory spice to the dish. The chicken appears to be less “heaty” as compared to being eaten on its own and the extra dressing just make it perfectly to the bowl of rice as a gravy sauce idea too.
And remember I said I gonna make better use of my air fryer too ? This chicken chop is being air fried and the dressing is being stirred and mixed under a microwave too !! Imagine how effortless this dish turns out to be ~~ It’s simply loves, isn’t it ??
Grab your fresh boneless chicken and other fresh produce from PurelyFresh online to cook up this dish today !
Hope everyone enjoys this simple home cooked fare !! :)
- 2 boneless chicken legs
- 2 stalks coriander stems, minced
- 3 chili padis, minced (or more if you desire more spicy)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tbsp hon mirin
- 1 tbsp jap cooking wine
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soya sauce / kecap manis
- 2 tbsp hon mirin
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Pound the chicken with a meat pounder until it flattens and expands slightly. Marinate the chicken with the ingredients and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Air fried the marinated chicken at 170 degrees for approximately 10 to 11 minutes until it is cooked with a slight char grilled.
- At the same time, combine all the seasonings ingredients together with the coriander stems, chilli padis and minced garlics and microwave it for approximately 30 secs or till all the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle the seasonings sauce over the air fried chicken.
- Garnish as desired and serve hot with rice.