So your guests are coming for CNY soon and you are down to nothing home baked to serve ! Well, fret not here ! These seaweed spring roll crisps are that easy to churn up, you probably need very little effort and braincells to prepare them. And what’s more, you can easily make a huge batch of them in less than 30 minutes. Only 3 ingredients needed and 3 simple general steps to get things going !!
And they are so addictive that you probably won’t be able to stop at one ! And they’re very healthy too because I have them air-fried instead of deep fried ! Nevertheless, the crispiness never pale out in comparison and the crisp stayed throughout even after having placed them in an ordinary container for one week.
This CNY snack is fast, convenient and will definitely be very much welcomed. And because it comprises of seaweed which many of us loved, I am pretty sure it will be gone in no time !
And if you need fresh groceries for your CNY cooking anytime, be sure to head onto PurelyFresh online and have them delivered right to your doorstep everyday of the week !
- 12 pcs of spring roll skin (I used 12.5 x 12.5cm size type)
- 3 pcs seaweed (cut into quarters if you are using spring roll skin of above size)
- 1 egg, well beaten + pinch of salt
- Using a pastry brush, apply a layer of egg wash on one side of the spring roll skin.
- Place a piece of the seaweed on top of the egg wash and roll it up like a cigar roll.
- Using a scissors, cut the seaweed roll into smaller pieces as shown.
- Place the cut seaweed roll onto the wired basket of the air fryer. Make sure they are not touching each other. Air fried them at 180 degrees for approximately 12 minutes.
- Allow the seaweed spring roll crisps to cool down completely before storing them into containers.
- Serve as desired.