Decide to give the usual lemon chicken a twist and replace it with orange sauce instead as I happen to have just bought some fresh orange juice ! In fact, I love anything fried chicken and I am sure whether adults or kids alike, no one can resist a crispy fried chicken anytime. And that’s probably why you see such fried chicken chains are sprouting out like nobody business in this small island. Be it korean brands or fast food chains, crispy deep fried chicken are always irresistible. I am no exception when it comes to this delectable dish !!
But today, I decide to churn it into something very local and chinese instead. Dunk the crispy chicken in thick orangey sauce and enjoy it with some starch, like what you gonna see from the economical rice stall kind. Even though I do have my korean, japanese or other indulgence at times, but most of my food cravings are still local and very asian generally.
The tangy and slightly sweet sourish sauce complements the chicken well and provides a very refreshing tune to the fried chicken. The marinade was well entrenched into the chicken and if you are lazy to cook the sauce, eating the crispy fried chicken on its own can be pretty enjoyable too ! Fresh boneless chicken thighs are a good match with this dish as they stayed succulent and moist throughout. So do remember to grab some from PurelyFresh online !
Finally we are into the last month of the year which also signifies the coming of a brand new year. Well, the mood has been very much jittery nowadays as there have been much trials and hiccups in life. But with the onset of a new year, I certainly do hope that there can be greater positivity and motivations instilled to allow for greater heights in all the pursuits that I am seeking for and of it all, definitely also wishes for the well being of everyone in the family as well. And I hope that this will also apply in favour to anyone who’s reading this !
Last but not least, the recipe ! Enjoy !!
- 4 pcs boneless chicken thighs
- some cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp custard powder
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 350ml orange juice
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
- Coat the chicken entirely with the marinade ingredients and allow it to be chilled in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a pot till hot. Deep fried the chicken until golden brown and crispy. Drain the chicken on paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- In another pot, add the orange juice and sugar and cook on medium-high heat. Allow the sauce to boil.
- Add the corn flour solution. Turn to high heat and cook till the sauce simmers and thickens.
- Drizzle the orange sauce over the fried chicken from Step 2. Garnish as desired and serve immediately whilst hot.