It’s finally the last working day of the week ! Although it has been a short working week for me, but it was still a tiring one, considering that I had spent most of the off days in the hospital again. So I guess I really need to de-stress myself, and cooking and retail therapy is hard at work now !! LOL.
It’s the double 11 day today where online sales are going like frenzy. I always thought that double 11 is a symbolic day for couples, since it sounded like 一心一意 or 全心全意 that kind of verses. And what’s more many couples like to tie the knot on such days as well. But someone actually wished me a “Happy Singles Day” today which dawned on me that, it’s actually a day for singles as well ! LOL !! No wonder all the online platforms are going on huge sales discounts. For couples, they find all the reason to shop for each other on this special day, for singles it’s a day to splurge on yourselves to “commemorate” the day ! Hahaha !! All the marketing gimmicks and all sorts of excuses for retail therapy all right !!
Regardless of which, it’s still a great day to shop shop shop and shop !! I have my fair share of online shopping already. Have you had yours too ? Hehe !! Friends always say I am “evil” because I always encourage them to buy buy and buy things. Better to get it than have regrets later and then keep harping on it right ? :D
Ok, let’s hop back to the Lemon Garlic Chicken. It’s a very refreshing dish as the tangy taste of the lemon paired with savoury garlics and tad of sweetness together with ginger juice makes an ideal combination. And pan frying it with olive oil adds the extra fragrance all together. Fresh boneless chicken thighs from PurelyFresh online is best used for this dish !
Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead ! Enjoy !!
- 4 pcs of boneless chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger juice (grate some ginger and squeeze out the juice by hand)
- 1 tbsp hon mirin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Some shredded parsley
- Some chilli flakes
- Some lemon slices
- Marinate the chicken with the marinade ingredients and rub well all over the chicken. Set it aside overnight in the fridge.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and pan fried the chicken thigh on both sides until lightly browned. Add in the chicken marinade and reduce heat to low.
- Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat till it boils. Cover the pan and allow the chicken to continue simmering for another few minutes, turning it occasionally to allow the chicken to be evenly browned and well coated with the sauce.
- Increase the heat to high to allow the sauce to be absorbed and thicken. When the chicken is well grilled and sauce is much reduced and thickened, remove from flame.
- Garnish as desired and serve hot.