This is a very delightful dish that I have always enjoyed at the local zhi char stalls with my parents since I was a kid. And cooking this dish just bring back many of such good memories. More especially so when a life threatening event has struck the family unexpectedly and make us realised that we should really appreciate and treasure the times when they are there. In fact, because of all the trauma that has gone through for the past few days, it make me realised that there are a lot of things in life that we really shouldn’t take for granted.
Though I won’t say my life is a bed of roses, but I am grateful that God has still blessed me abundantly in many other ways. And despite everyone in the family being badly shaken by the bad news, but to a certain extent, I knew that once we have and can come out from this eventually, everyone will definitely be greatly strengthened and I do prayed for this day to come forth soon.
With that, I am presenting one of my family’s favourite zhi char dish, that’s the Pork Chop King 排骨王. Hope you will enjoy this dish with everyone else in the family as much as I do !!
Grab your fresh supply of groceries and ingredients from PurelyFresh online today to beef up this mouth watering all-time favourite dish today !
- 300g pork ribeye
- some cooking oil
- 20g plain flour
- 20g corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 30g water
- 300ml water
- 2 tbsp maggi seasoning sauce
- 2 tbsp worchester sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soya sauce)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp hon mirn (japanese sweet vinegar)
- 50g sugar
- 130g tomato sauce
- 50g chili sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp water
- Using a meat pounder, chop the pork till they are flattened. This can help to loosen the meat make it more tender.
- Combine all the pork with the marinade ingredients in a zip lock bag and mix well to ensure all the marinade coats the pork entirely. Keep the marinated pork chilled in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up a pot of cooking oil. When the oil is hot, deep fried the pork till it is cooked. Remove and drained well on paper towels.
- Bring the oil to boil again till it is very hot this time. Re-fried the pork slices till they are crispy this time. Remove and drain again on paper towels.
- Using 1 tbsp of cooking oil from the above step, add to a deep frying pan. Heat up the oil and add in the sauce on medium heat and keep stirring till it starts to sizzle and bubbles.
- Add in the thickening solution and allow the sauce to be cooked till it thickens and become glossy.
- Add in the pork slices and stir well to coat the sauce evenly all over.
- Garnish as desired and serve hot.