Mother’s Day is just round the corner, so what’s better than whipping up an awesome meal to show your appreciation and love for that most important lady in your life ? Because without her, I probably won’t exist to pen down this post and you won’t be reading it either. And well, I was thinking since Mom already had quite a fair bit of my dinner cooking recently, a brilliant breakfast idea probably should do more wonders to surprise her !
And so, here’s my take on creating some fabulous breakfast egg cups made to shape like dainty flower basket that’s loaded with smoked salmon, mozzarella cheese, cream, milk and as the name implies, some sunny egg as well, enclosed in these wraps from Mission Foods !
And this is so easy to beef up that I am pretty sure even the kids can do them perfectly well ! This is exactly my purpose in so doing, to come up with a straightforward and simple yet lovely looking dish that everyone in the household, from the young to the old can easily master.
You can also replace smoked salmon with any savoury ingredients of your choice. Some good examples will be ham, bacon, SPAM, or even some sautéed mushrooms. And you can varied the proportion of the ingredients according to individual preferences too, liked if you prefer it to be more cheesey than eggy, you can always add more cheese as compared to the egg.
I do find that this is a very good alternative which showcased a delicate and beautiful presentation on how food can be served on wraps instead of the usual manner that we often see.
In further collaboration with Mission Foods, I am also sharing my favourite recipe from Adam Liaw’s recipe collections from his “Quick and Easy” dinner ideas recipe book. In case you are not aware, Adam Liaw is the Australia MasterChef Season 2 winner ! Why is this my favourite ? Because it’s so typical a Chinese cuisine yet infuses with a Mexican delight by having it in a wrap ! And it’s none other than the Roast duck, cucumber and onion wraps ! It just somehow reminds me of the Peking duck dish !!
And not forgetting to share my breakfast egg cups’ recipe below too !
- 2 pcs of Mission Foods Original wraps
- 25ml whipped cream
- 25ml milk
- 3 large eggs (you can use egg yolks only or whole eggs beaten)
- some smoked salmon, diced
- some mozzarella cheese
- some shredded parsley
- some mixed vegetables (optional)
- dash of salt and pepper
- Using a large cookie cutter, cut the wraps into shapes and placed them gently into a greased muffin tin.
- Mix the whipped cream, milk and dash of salt and pepper together.
- Place the mozzarella cheese first onto the most bottom layer of the wrap followed by the smoked salmon.
- Add in 1 tbsp of the cream mixture from Step 2 into each wrap. Add the mixed vegetables (if using) followed by the egg. (If you prefer just egg yolk, separate the egg white from the yolk and place the yolk into the centre. If you prefer whole eggs, beat the eggs slightly before adding to the wrap.) Lastly, topped with more mozzarella cheese and shredded parsley.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 18 minutes.
- Allow the egg cups to cool down slightly before removing them gently from the muffin tin. The whole egg yolk only will look like the one in the most forefront. Using beaten eggs will look like the ones behind.
- 1 cucumber, cut into batons
- 4 large spring onions, finely shredded
- 4 Mission Original Wraps
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- ½ Cantonese roast duck
- Slice the duck into pieces and remove any bones.
- Heat the Mission Original wraps according to the pocket instructions.
- Spread a little Hoisin sauce over each wrap and arrange the duck, cucumber and spring onion on top.
- Wrap and serve.