Merry Christmas !!! My favourite time of the year is finally here ! It’s the time where I would be clearing my leave for the year and hence, I get to rest for a slightly longer period of time before I resume work in the next year for now. But a pity I have been so busy with cookies order earlier that I didn’t have much time to cook often. But for this week, I would have much more time on hand that I am planning to try out many many recipes that I been wanting to and hopefully I would be able to achieve all !!
Though it’s the festive, but a pity I do not have any Christmas recipe to share for now. Instead, what I have is a Claypot Chicken Rice that I have prepared earlier. And this is such a simple recipe that can be accomplished in less than 30 minutes. So even if you are running short of time to prepare dinner after knocking off, this knock out recipe is sure to get your dinner going in no time. But be sure to get the marination done way before that and you are all good for a feast anytime.
I made a few alterations as compared to the traditional claypot rice though, according to my likings. The usual Chinese sausage has been replaced with Taiwan sausage and instead of bone-in chicken, I used boneless chicken thigh !! LOL. In fact, I find that boneless chicken thigh is way far superior than the bone-in kind as is it so much easier to eat and definitely children and elderly friendly !
All because I have the fresh boneless chicken thigh already diced up nicely for me from PurelyFresh at no extra charges.
- 200g boneless chicken thigh, diced
- 6-7 pcs of shitake mushrooms, cut into halves
- 1 taiwan sausage, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 20g salted fish, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 150g rice, washed and cleaned
- 350ml water
- 10pcs of thinly sliced ginger, cut into strips
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 50ml water
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Marinade the chicken pieces and mushrooms for at least an hour.
- Using a claypot, heat up the oil and stir fried the salted fish until fragrant. Dish up and set aside.
- With the remaining oil in the claypot, add the minced garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Add in the rice and water and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water boils, lower the heat and cover the claypot with the lid and allow it to simmer further for approximately 10 minutes till the rice becomes soft.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces, sausage and mushrooms all over the rice and add the ginger strips on top. Cook for a further 10 minutes till the chicken are cooked.
- Add in the dark soy sauce and fish sauce to the rice and stir well to mix till the rice is evenly browned.
- Add the salted fish on top and allow it to cook for a further 5 minutes and remove from flame. Garnish as desired (I used chilli shreds, ginger strips and shredded seaweed as garnish.)
- Serve hot immediately and enjoy !