When you need a quick chocolate fix, here’s what I will do ~ Double Chocolate Muffins ! Muffins are relatively easy to put together and it’s something that the mixer can do without. So save the hassle of setting it up and washing the huge mixer bowl. I am not exactly a chocolate fan, so do not really fancy chocolates on its own but when it comes to cakes, I am quite receptive BUT it also applies to certain kinds only ! Hahaha. I am abit fussy in that sense, I must admit. I don’t fancy dark chocolates coz they are too bitter for me and I don’t like anything chocolate in its liquid form either. So if you were to ask me to choose between chocolate or strawberry Pocky, my choice would be a definite strawberry. But on the other hand, if you were to ask me whether I would eat strawberry as a fruit, I don’t either !! Hahaha. Erm, ok I am VERY fussy then !
Why I called these muffins double chocolate is because other than the cocoa powder that we used in muffins, and instead of the standard milk that we would used as the “liquid” for muffins, I had it replaced with chocolate milk. Hence , it becomes a “double” chocolaty portion. And it’s that simply rustic to make, particularly useful if you need a quick fix anytime.
I need my TGIF fix to come sooner too !!! Please come quick !! :D
- 100g butter
- 60g sugar
- 40g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80g chocolate milk
- 120g chocolate chips
- Flour Mixture (Combined & Sieved) :
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Prepare some muffin cases in a muffin pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- On low speed, add in the sieved flour mixture and chocolate milk in alternate manner, beginning and ending with the flour, on 3 occasions. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cases till 80% full. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes on 200 degrees C before lowering to 170 degrees C for the next 17-20 minutes till cooked.