Here’s what you can do if you have leftover coke in your fridge !! Coca-Cola chicken wings !! Can you imagine my coke was left in the fridge since CNY till now !! Really is OMG lor !! Hahaha!!
Coca-Cola wings is a very popular side dish in Hong Kong where you can find them easily in their local茶餐厅.In fact, I think it tastes very much like our braised or stewed chicken, but much simpler to churn up. And to allow the wings to be cooked thoroughly and evenly, I guess it’s still much better to use the chicken mid-joints part only, as the joints are lesser and hence easier to get cooked up as well.
The sugar in the coke will caramelise on the wings such that it becomes very delicious. However, the taste of the coca-cola will inevitably become non-existent. Well, I really wonder whether people do churn up 7-Up wings, Root beer wings as well then ? Has anyone tried that before ? The same logic should applies right ?? Since all soft drinks does have a high sugar content. LOL. But why does people only use Coke and none of the rest ?? Food for thought yeah ? Hahaha !
This Coca-Cola wings makes a very good appetiser or side dish to go alongside with your main course. And the sweet and non-spice base will also make it a hit with the kids for sure !
Get your supply of fresh chicken wings or mid-joints from PurelyFresh, the online fresh groceries store that delivers right to your doorstep 7 days a week, including public holidays with freshness guarantee !
- 8 pcs of mid-joints/chicken wings
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp of minced ginger
- 3 tbsp of minced garlic
- 75ml of Coca-Cola
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- For the Sauce (combined):
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat up the cooking oil in a pan and saute the minced garlic, ginger and onion slices till fragrant.
- Add the mid-joints/chicken wings and mix well. Cook until the mid-joints/wings turn slight brownish in color.
- Add the seasonings and coca-cola respectively. Stir well to ensure the mid-joints/wings are well covered by the sauce and coca-cola.
- Allow the sauce to simmer in the pan till it boils and further simmer till the sauce is almost dried up and the mid-joints/wings are well caramelised by the coca-cola (approximately 15-20 mins to ensure they are cooked thoroughly).
- DIsh and serve hot.