The perfectly grilled chicken chop ! I finally gotten it right !
Whenever we had western dine out, it’s always an overdose of MSG, making us all thirsty and drowning ourselves much with water.
So far, there wasn’t much of an occasion where we get a finely grilled, juicy and tender chicken and feeling soothingly right thereafter. Hence, I decided to perfect my own version of what I deem as the most tasty chicken chop without the use of MSG or any meat tenderizer!
I am glad that I do not feel the thirst after the meal and most importantly, I managed to have a nice grill despite the lack of a grill pan.
And not sure if you can see from the picture, the chicken retains its juice well and wasn’t dry at all. The marination was just right and grilling it with extra virgin oil does give an extra boost to the overall taste of it.
I was expecting the texture to be more chewy as there wasn’t any meat tenderizer used but it was not ! I suppose the pounding of the chicken before it was marinated does help in serving a tender texture. I should just say, all’s good ! But that’s in my standard yeah! So to each his own… ;)
I had it served with some garlic bread and scrambled eggs. It would be more perfect if there were some greens to go along to balance the diet. But the chicken was a huge slice this time, and it will be a dread if there’s going to be food wastage, hence I decided to eliminate the greens !
The perfect chicken chop recipe is here to share ! And it’s so good that you do not need any sauce to go along with it !
- 1 piece of large boneless chicken leg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Pound the chicken with a meat pounder all over.Use a plastic sheet to cover the chicken while pounding to prevent the small loose pieces from "flying" all over the place.
- Marinade the chicken for at least 6 hour or more (preferably overnight).
- Heat up olive oil in a shallow frying pan and grill chicken on medium-high heat, occasionally flipping over to ensure both sides are evenly cooked. Cover the pan with cover to allow it to sizzle whenever the chicken is cooking.
- Switch off the heat approximately 8-10 minutes later (or when both sides has nicely browned/grilled) and let the chicken sit in the still sizzling oil until it is no longer sizzling.
- Serve hot with bread, egg or salad.