This is yet another 30-minute recipe, if you prepare the marination of of the chicken the day before. In fact, all it took was a few simple steps and you can have your dinner ready in less than half an hour. I marinate the chicken the day before, leaving it overnight in the fridge and the following day, pop them into the oven and bake it for around 18 minutes, took it out and stir fry with minced garlic, thai chilli sauce with lemon juice for approximately 3 minutes and woolah, all is done ! And this paired well with a bowl of steamed rice and you know what, if you do not like thai sweet chili sauce, you can always substitute it with sweet and sour sauce, garlic chili sauce or any other sauce that you deem fit. And even if you do not have any sauce to go along, the baked chicken itself is as good as its own ! This is such a versatile dish that you can basically do anything with it.
There are of course alternative ways of handling the chicken as well, like coating it with flour and deep frying it instead of baking it… if you prefer a crisp chicken texture. But else, this is good enough for me and if you need something quick and easy, this is for you too ! Dish up another plate of greens and your dinner is made complete. This is definitely much healthier and cost savings rather than having to dine out or pack your dinner back ! And because it’s so quick and fuss free, there isn’t much washing up to do as well and you can still have much of your night resting away.
Certainly good for busy working adults like ourselves and if you had prepare more that what you could finish, you can always pack the remaining for lunch the next day, just like what I did ! Hehehe.
Happy Cooking !
- 1 piece of boneless chicken leg
- some oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp thai chilli sauce, to be mixed together with 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of soya sauce
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- some toasted sesame seeds
- some chopped spring onion
- Marinade the chicken overnight in the fridge.
- Bake the chicken in a pre-heated oven for 180 degrees C for approximately 15-18 minutes until cooked.
- Heat up some oil in a wok and stir fry the minced garlic until fragrant.
- Toss the baked chicken into the wok, thai chilli sauce mixture and continue to stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Dish and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion, serve immediately.