I believe everyone has a dream. A dream that you wish it will materialize, whether it is realistic or not, it doesn’t matter. It can range from a simple hope of getting a favourite pair of shoes to owning a dream home to striking a million-dollar tag lottery.
So what is your dream right now ?
Hmm… I had the most impossible dream that I knew it would probably take a miracle to strike. But since it’s a dream, I guess I can have the wildest of it all. So please don’t laugh your heads off !!
I really hope I can run my own business one day, and most hopefully a baking or food related one. Near impossible, isn’t it ? Especially when I knew I do not have the everything, no capital, no professional skills, no manpower, etc, etc. What I have is probably a burning passion that keeps this desire alive. But there’s surely not enough to sustain it all.I was watching the 星期二特写yesterday, talking about this old bakery in Tiong Bahru where they sell various Nonya Kuehs, pastries, breads and cakes. The couple had their love founded through the bakery run by the wife’s family and they are subsequently passing the skills onto their next generation. And this old bakery managed to sustain the livelihood of the entire family of 4-5 for the past few decades. Fantastic, isn’t it ?
My dream re-surfaced again after watching the show. But I knew I am not up to that kind of level yet. I just love to do, but not a professional. I do it as a hobby, but not a full timer. I do what I like, but not what the market likes. I guess I still have a long way to go. In the meantime, I shall really keep DREAMING. ^-^And here’s a Brownie Marble Cheesecake which were pretty well-received.
I have been distancing myself from cheesecakes for quite sometime, plainly because the prices of GOOD cream cheese has been constantly on the rise. And making one good cheesecake oftens requires more than one block of cream cheese to complete. And while cheesecake are very filling stuffs, usually we would not take more than one slice at each go. To give away the balance will somehow twitched your heart, considering the premium cost, unless of course there is a special occasion to cater for.
But I realise not many people appreciate cheese too. Especially the old folks.
As the name implied, the cheese sits nicely on a layer of brownie which I have conveniently replaced the usual walnuts with macademias which made it extra nutty, fragrant and very delicious.
Last but not least, enjoy the bakes and do continue dreaming yeah… ^-^
Warning : Next few posts may not be interesting anymore due to the lack of bakes and no cooks. However, I do have some personal food reviews to share. So be warned !! But really do hope you will still keep coming back. ^-^
Brownie Marble Cheesecake
~recipe adapted from [Cheesecake with Kevin Chai] with modifications~
Brownie Layer :
150g chocolate (broken into pieces)
1. Grease a 8-inches baking tin. Line with aluminium foil.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
3. To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar until almost melt. Stir in eggs and vanilla essence, mix well.
4. Fold in sifted flour, chopped nuts and raisins. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. To make cheese layer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in yogurt and cornstarch until blended. Reserve 1 tbsp cheese mixture for topping, the rest mixture pour over brownie.
7. To make topping, mix well cocoa powder with water. Add in 1 tbsp of reserved cheese mixture, stir until well blended. Drizzle over the surface of cheese mixture and draw marble pattern with skewer.
8. Continue bake in oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or until light brown. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Chill in fridge.
My name is Joyce, author of Eat What Tonight. Spending time in the kitchen has been one of my greatest therapeutic passion thus far even though I couldn't do it on a more often basis than I wish I could. I do not prized myself as a great cook or baker, after all I am a one-woman show in the kitchen and blogging scene. Nevertheless, I hope this little space of mine can aspire anyone like myself to appreciate and enjoy the best of oneself's efforts in every single home made dish.
FIRST TIMERS REJOICE WHEN YOU SPEND ON PURELYFRESH.COM !