The addition of corn flour had made the cake more tender and softer in texture. The previous time I made this, my sister commented that they prefer the colouring to be more greener. So this time round, I added in extra drops of green paste colouring.
Bake it and savour on this delightfully soft pandan chiffon cake !
Recipe adapted from PA Richard Goh Baking Class Stage One
5 egg yolks
20g pandan juice
60g coconut milk
50g corn oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
35g corn flour
5 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar at maximum speed for about 1 minute.
2. Mix pandan juice, coconut milk and corn oil and add into egg mixture at slow speed.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and corn flour into egg mixture and whisk briefly until well blended.
4. Whisk egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff.
5. Add part (A) into meringue and stir well until batter is smooth flowing and glossy.
6. Pour into 21cm chiffon mould and bake at 180 degrees C on the lowest rack, for about 40-45 minutes. To test for doneness of cake, bake until cake rises high and then starts to shrink.