There are some super ripe mangoes in the fridge today. So here come some mango muffins ! This is my first time baking fresh mangoes in the oven ! Most of the times, mangoes are used to make mango mousse or pudding or some kind of sweet dessert. Surprisingly, they turn out to taste pretty nice ! Muffins were moist and sweet due to the sweetness from the mangoes. Even when the muffins were in the baking process, the aroma from the muffins were so pungent that the whole house was filled with the great smell.
Recipe adapted from <Easy Muffins and Cupcakes> by Kevin Chai
200g mango fresh, diced
170g unsalted butter
2 eggs, beaten
120ml mango puree
240g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
60g ground almond
1. Bring mango and milk to boil for a while. Remove and leave to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease muffin tin or line muffin tin with paper cup.
3. Melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in sugar, eggs, mango puree and cooled mango with milk.
4. Sift flour and baking powder. Fold into egg mixture together with ground almond.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooled.
6. Remove tin from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins and cool on a rack.